Event Date and Time
Event Start Date
2023-06-21 08:30:00 AM
Event End Date
2023-06-22 05:00:00 PM
Second Arba'ilu International Conference on Syriac and Sureth Studies (2nd AICSSS)
21-22 June 2023, Erbil, Kurdistan-Iraq
"Documenting and Reviving a Mesopotamian Indigenous Language"
Themes of the conference:
- Comparative Linguistic Studies.
- Studies in Aramaic, Syriac and Sureth Literature.
- Studies on Syriac and Sureth Manuscripts.
- Syriac Biblical and Patristic Studies.
- Semitic Computational Linguistics.
Information on the conference:
- The languages of the conference are Syriac, Sureth, and English. Besides, Arabic can be used for those whose mother tongue is Arabic, provided that the abstract is translated into English to be distributed to the foreign audience.
- All abstracts (maximum 300 words) need to be emailed to the conference coordinators, Dr Kawther N. Askar email@example.com and Dr Salam N. Hakeem firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 20th of April 2023.
- Acceptance letters will be sent within two weeks after receiving the abstracts.
- The presentation of each paper is limited to 20 minutes, in addition to 10 minutes for discussion.
- Presenters need to send their CVs to the conference organizers.
- The registration fee will be $100 for the auditors (attendants without papers) and $50 for the speakers/presenters, which includes the accommodation and meals during the two-day conference in addition to a copy of the book of proceedings.
Registration will start at 8.30 am on Wednesday 21/6/2023, at the Cultural and Social Center of Salahaddin University-Erbil, and The conference will open at 10 am and will end on Thursday evening, 22/6/2023.
The conference also offers a visit on Friday to the Scriptorium Syriacum for Syriac Manuscript preservation, the Syriac Heritage Museum, and Erbil Ancient Citadel. However, this event is optional and it requires a separate fee payment of $25, which includes transportation and two meals.